Friday, January 20, 2012

A Story: Part 2

   This is the next part of the story I'm writing. I hope you like it :)

   I rushed out of my messy apartment and outside into the dark, cloudy day. I felt like I would be late for work; hopefully I wasn't going to be. I found my old white station-wagon in the garage and drove away (after a few tries of trying to turn it on) to the head-quarters, wishing that traffic didn't exist (like every other person in the world).
   Finally I stopped in front of the store the HQ was under, and quickly opened my door and smoothly (accidently) fell out and rolled.
   I rushed into the "EMPLOYEES ONLY" door and, as a secret camera identified me, a hand-scan popped out of the wall (but since they didn't have my handprint, an agent came out to let me inside).
   "Mr. McBackster, you're late by 49 seconds," the agent said.
   "But that's only 49 seconds," I objected.
   "What if you got a call within those 49 seconds? What if there was some kind of robbery taking place, and no one was there to answer the call? What would happen?" he firmly told me.
   "Well, I'm new here, and I don't have my stuff, so I don't think anyone would have called."
   "Mr. McBackster, it doesn't matter, we are very busy here. You need to be by the phone to take any emergency calls. It doesn't matter if you're new or old, someone is going to call. Don't be late again."
   "Okay, I'm sorry. But, please, call me Elliot."
   "No. It's INFORMAL. Everyone here knows..." Here he stopped to gesture to the rest of the agents, and on cue, they all said, "We show respect to others by calling them Mr., Ms., or Mrs. It's formal, proper, and respective."
   "Uh, okay, I guess. Sorry. Now I know..." I said, gesturing to the rest of the crowd, like the agent I was talking to. But no one said, "We show respect to others by calling them Mr., Ms., or Mrs. It's formal, proper, and respective" when I gestured.
   "Here is a map of the head-quarters. Go to Mr. Lister's office. He will give you all your things," the agent instructed.
   "Okay, no problem." Then I got lost in the maze that is the head-quarters.
   "Excuse me, do you know where Mr. Lister's office is?" I asked to a group of agents walking by, talking on their ear-pieces. Of course they ignored me, they were to busy on their ear-pieces.
   "Excuse me?" I asked to another agent. He rushed by and didn't hear me.
   "This is really important!" I said to another. Again I was ignored.
   "DOESN'T ANYONE HEAR ME?!?!" I shouted. Then it became quiet, except for a few people rushing past to go to a crime-scene or whatever, and people talking on phones/ear-pieces.
   "Yeah, we can hear you loud and clear," a somewhat annoyed person said.
   "Sorry, but I just need to know where Mr. Lister's office is," I said.
   "Oh, he's the new guy!" someone said. "Just go down that hall, walk all the way down, take the left hall when you come to the end, then turn at the twenty-third door at the right."
   "Oh. Okay, thanks guys!" I said, relieved. I rushed down the hall the agent pointed out, and finally made it to the end (there was almost 50 doors in that hall!). I turned left into the hall and counted until I made it to the twenty-third door on the right. I knocked, and was answered by a tall, middle-aged man.
 

Okay, I'm tired of writing again. Sorry you had to wait so long, and that the ending leaves you hanging... maybe... but I'll try to post the rest later!! Peace! :)


3 comments:

  1. HQ is in a huge building! I can't wait to read about Mr McBackster's first case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elliot/Mr. McBackster can't wait either. Thanks for commenting ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm posting this for a friend who was having trouble posting it herself.

    Hi Hayley,
    I really like your blog and I look forward to reading more about mr mcBackster!
    There are 2things I learned from participating in NANOWRIMO for the first time. NEVER think what you write is dumb and to just keep writing, NO MATTER WHAT-it helps you find your voice.

    And Nancy Drew Rocks!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete